Preservation Education & Research
Welcome! Below you will see all of our current opportunities.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit to these forms. Here is a quick guide on how to get started: https://submittable.help/submitters/making-new-submissions/how-do-i-submit
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preservation Education & Research is an international, blind-peer-reviewed journal that publishes high-quality academic and original research. Please refer to the Manuscript Submission Guidelines for formatting instructions. http://www.ncpe.us/publications/manuscript-submission-guidelines/
Preparing Your Journal Article Manuscript
Please include a word count for your journal article manuscript.
The body of a journal article manuscript for PER should be no less than 4,500 words and no more than 6,000 words, inclusive of tables, references, and figure captions.
Journal article manuscripts must be submitted in WORD format. Figures should be saved separately from the text.
TIF’s are preferred for images/figures. Please refer to the Manuscript Submission Guidelines.
Please refer to the Manuscript Submission Guidelines.
1. Author Details: All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation on the title sheet. One author will need to be identified as the corresponding author. Please submit the corresponding author’s email address on the title sheet. Please note that no changes to affiliations can be made after the manuscript has been accepted for publication.
2. Abstract: The manuscript abstract should contain no more than 200 words.
3. Keywords: Keywords are important in making your article discoverable by search engines. Please carefully choose 8 keywords for your manuscript.
4. Funding Details: Please submit all details required by your funding/grant-awarding agencies or foundations.
For single agency grants:
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under [Name and Number (if required)] Grant.
For multiple agency grants:
This work was supported by the [Funding Agency #1] under [Name and Number (if required)] Grant; and [Funding Agency #2] under [Name and Number (if required)].
5. Biographical Note: Please submit a short biographical note for each author. This text should state academic rank, area of expertise, and university affiliation. Each biographical note should be no longer than 200 words in length.
6. Acknowledgements: If necessary by the authors (but not required by PER), you may submit a brief acknowledgement at the end of the manuscript. Please limit this statement to be no longer than 200 words in length.
Ethical Obligation of Original Material
PER is committed to publishing only original material. By submitting your manuscript to PER, you are stating that your manuscript is original and sources are correctly cited.
Copyright and Permission to Publish
The corresponding author will be responsible to submitting to PER all of the required permission release forms to publish images and content. Copyright releases and permission to publish forms will comply with the University of Minnesota Press Guidelines.
Paul Hardin Kapp, Editor, Preservation Education & Research
Associate Professor of Architecture, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Updated 15 December 2019